People often say to me – “But our products are not glamorous or interesting so why would people want to hear from us?”
We the answer is – its all about the way you sell something!
OK so lets look at the wording and some different scenarios:
So you sell lead pencils….
- Lead pencils which can be used for drawing
- Luxurious drawing pencils – giving you smooth lines and contour
- Ultimate comfort hold pencils, designed to fit your hands curves – giving you the ultimate drawing experience with enhanced sharpness and shades. Perfect for blending and defined lines for standout.
Which one sounds sexier?
OK with words so it comes down to 2 things
- What’s the benefit for the user? Think benefits NOT features
- Use positive words like exclusive, enhanced, ultimate – all great examples of a positive spin.
I have pulled together a selection of Some other great words that sell:
Grabbers: Attention-grabbing words
- Yours free
- Don’t gamble with…
- Don’t make this mistake..
Descriptions and Benefits:
- Bask in…
- Without a doubt,…
- What have you got to lose
- All this can be yours
- I invite you to..
- We’re waiting for your call
- Call xxx now to set up an appointment
Use the P.S. too!
- If you are already using xx , why not pass this offer on to a friend or colleague?
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Full year warranty